Saturday 9 July 2011

Monday

Monday morning, I met Ange and James and the kids at the pet store so that the kids and I could get fish for my pond while Ange and James did some shopping.  I let them all pick one fish to put in my fish tank as well.  Aaron named his fish "Bubble", Bekah named hers "Alana?" and Leah named hers "Queen Theresa".  We brought them back to my house and put them in the tank and pond.  While Leah and Aaron helped to set up my tent and played on the hammock, Bek had a fascination with trying to poke the bag and make it turn over several times in the pond.  However, she reached over a little too far once and all I heard was a big splash!  Oops.  So she spent the next little bit in the sun trying to dry off.  What a goof!  As soon as all our fish were swimming happily, the tent had been set up and Bekah had dried off, we piled back into the van and headed to Oma and Opa's house.  Later that day we went swimming at Uncle Frank and Aunt Elsina's place and had a lot of fun.  It was the first time the kids had been in a pool this summer so we practiced for the swimming lessons they're going to have next summer.  Karen joined us at about 2.  


As this was their last night in Canada, Herb and Mim came over for dinner.  As usual, we had quite the spread, complete with pork loin, mushrooms, cobb salad, carrots, scalloped potatoes and two types of pie for dessert.


Later that evening we tried two new games called "The Game of Things" and "Last Word".  I would recommend both.  They're both a lot of fun.  


Pictures forthcoming ...

No comments:

Post a Comment