Sunday 3 July 2011

Catching up ...

Well, I'm a little behind in blogs, so I'll write a bunch to catch up on what's been going on over the last month.


The first item of note is that school is officially over!  I love summer holidays.  I've been busy cleaning up the gardens and preparing the pond for when the nieces and nephew come over tomorrow to stock it with fish.  This is going to be grand!  I have yet to plant my vegetable garden, but maybe I can finish that up tomorrow morning.  


Although school is out, I have had a good many things to keep my time filled and it looks like it will stay that way for most of the summer which is okay by me.  I'd rather be busy than idle - and it's a completely different kind of busy.  Here's what I've got planned:


July 11-23 - Road trip out east with Emily and Marsha
July 24-30 - Teen 1 at Campfire!
July 30? - Aug 6? - Kentucky - SWAP (Serving with Appalachian people)
Aug 7-13 - Wilderness Week at Campfire!
Aug 14-20 - Stay at home (so far ... we'll see what happens then!) :)
Aug 21 - 27 - Teen 2 at Campfire!
Aug 29 - Be back at school for orientation and extreme redecorating/redistributing of office supplies and so on.  


To explain that last one ... our office is being moved to the library, the library to the loft and my classroom is becoming a dry lab so I'm moving to the classroom next door.  However, because of all the internal renos, nothing can be done right now in terms of setting up my room.  I'm so excited for being moved to a room that has natural light and that my classroom gets to stay on the forested side of the school - no view of the ashphalt courtyard for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment