Monday 6 June 2011

This weekend - Part 2

So, now for the fun parts of last weekend, just to make sure that you know I'm not all negative insecurity!  Although I didn't go on many rides, I had a fun time catching up with my Kentucky peeps.  Actually, one of my favourite parts of Saturday's Vaughn experience was going shopping at the Bass Pro Shop at the mall.  Because of the deluge of rain and thunderstorms, we decided to go to the mall to kill a bit of time instead of lounge around the entrance to various shops in the amusement park, huddled in our ponchos eating baby carrots.  I was so pumped to visit this place!  There are three staff members who fish on a very regular basis and love that store.  In fact, just before the weekend, the new magazine came out and it got passed around in the staff room a bit - to the guys at least.  I think I can safely say that the Bass Pro magazine is to them as the Sears catalogue was to all the pioneer women.  Yes, they're that infatuated - and with good reason, too!  I ended up getting some lightwear rain gear for my backpack as well as a 4-in-one flint/compass/lanyard/whistle and a stopper for my Nalgene bottle.  After we had spent a bit of time there, we went back to the park and hit almost all the rides and a couple even braved the water park.  


Later that night, we drove to Chelsea's house where we were greeted by so many creatures - both human and reptilious (I'm pretty sure that's not a word).  We met Boogers the tree frog, a tarantula (I don't know his name), two lizards, Jemima the pancake turtle, a couple of smaller snakes, Sir William the 60 pound turtle, and Lucy (short for Lucifer) the 55 pound boa constrictor!!  Chels got some pretty cool pictures!









No comments:

Post a Comment