Wednesday 7 September 2011

The most wonderful time

It's good to be back at school.  I'm so excited about the new reno, even it required a bit more patience to wait to get into the classrooms and new office - complete with exterior windows to let in real, fresh air!!  My old classroom became a dry lab and it's a little strange to see a cabinet area with a sink, tiled floors, a fourth white board, and a second door leading to the science storage room. My new classroom is still in the older part of the school, but that doesn't lessen my excitement about having my own room.  I'm actually having grade 7 and 8 come visit me in the high school instead of the other way around.


On Tuesday, I didn't actually have to teach until the afternoon due to the morning assembly and boot camp for grade 9 students.  Some of my grade 10 students approached me at lunch and were very effusive in their excitement for French.  I hope I can live up to their expectations! :)  One of the grade 11 students, on her way out of the classroom after the bell rang, gave a big sigh and said to her friend with a big smile, "Ah.  I just love French class."  So rewarding and encouraging to hear comments like that!


Today I introduced my crazy self to the grade 7 students and I'm not sure they know what their parents' signed them up for!  :)


I'm really looking forward to serving God this semester in so many ways.  In the next blog, I'm going to write down my goals for this year and see how I do at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment